Virginia Tech is proud to offer Connected Classrooms. These classrooms are equipped with technology that can connect instructors or students to remote participants using the Zoom video conferencing tool. Instructors can also use web-enabled classrooms for guest lecturers or in instances where students are in multiple locations.
Classroom Overview and Help
To log into the Crestron:
- Select the "Press Here to Begin" button
- Swipe your Hokie Passport to log in
- After successfully logging in, select which mode on the Crestron you would like to present in
If you wish to use the computer available in the classroom:
- Change the HDMI Sharing option on the Crestron to "Built-In PC"
- The confidence monitor turns into an extended display that broadcasts to participants
If you wish to use your personal laptop instead of the classroom PC:
- Connect the HDMI cable on the teacher station to your laptop
- Change the HDMI Sharing option on the Crestron to "Laptop or iPad HDMI"
If you wish to use the document camera in the classroom:
- Change the HDMI Sharing option on the Crestion to "Document Camera"
- The confidence monitor turns into a projector display providing a better visual option to using a white board
If you experience any issues during class, press the Request Room Technician button located on the teacher station. A notification is sent to the TLOS support team to provide you with immediate assisstance.
- Durham 261
- Torgersen 1000, 1030, 1050
- Whittemore 281
- Burruss 123A
- Northern Virginia Center 106, 113, 206, 219, 323
Description: In this video, Daron will discuss how to incorporate effective communication techniques into your connected class.
Duration: 3 minutes, 32 seconds
Description: In this video, Larry will discuss content design and delivery tips for the connected classroom environment.
Duration: 3 minutes, 28 seconds
Description: In this video, Douglas will discuss group work strategies for the connected classroom environment.
Duration: 3 minutes, 17 seconds
Description: In this video, Eunice will identify several assessment options available in the connected classroom environment.
Duration: 6 minutes, 8 seconds
- Need a handout? Download our Quick Start Guide!
- For additional documentation, please see 4help.
- For more Just in Time information on Zoom, please see our page here.
- Need help designing your class for a connected environment, Learning Experience Design put together a list of strategies and tips to get you started!